Something a bit different on the blog today.
Ever since my lovely friend Poppy (who also periodically runs her blog Bears and Bunting) began her 100 Things in 1000 Days list, I have been so intrigued to try one myself.
Lists such as these are so much more than generic 'bucket lists' you find floating around the internet including wishes such as such as 'swim with the dolphins' or 'see the world from space.'
Which don't get me wrong are rather lovely ideas, but in contrast these are small, doable things which for some reason or another I have put off.
I am running this list between today, the 21st August 2012 (when I finally finished compiling this list) and 18th May 2015 which is exactly 1000 days.
Since I am going travelling next month, I really can't think of a better time to begin being more impulsive.
Here are my 100 Things:
(I've tried to link to as many things as possible, so please feel free to give them a clicky-clicky!)
100 Things in 1000 Days!
1. Leave 10 positive anonymous messages around Newcastle City Centre.
2. In a book shop, leave notes in some of my favourite books encouraging people to buy them.
3. Go to a burlesque night.
4. Go to another Clandestine Cake Club meeting.
5. Go on a mini-holiday/break with Daniel.
6. Go back to America.
7. Hang out with Jessica – either on her side of the Atlantic, or mine.
8. Buy a ring from SouZou Creations.
9. See The Vines live.
16. Stay with someone from Couchsurfing.
17. Try a bottle of Skinny Blonde beer.
18. Don’t straighten my hair for a month.
19. Commission a Becka Griffin painting of our house when it’s finished being renovated for my parents.
20. Treat my mam to a Betty’s tea in York or Harrogate.
22. Get another piercing.
23. Bake a marmalade drizzle cake for dad – and make it as good as/better than the one at Michelle’s wedding which he described as “the best cake I’ve ever had.”
24. Go to Unskinny Bop with Daniel.
25. Go to the cinema by myself.
26. Do another ‘a day in the life’ picture post like I used to do on Livejournal.
27. Visit Budapest, Hungary.
28. Start my Postcrossing account up again and swap postcards.
29. Watch all 20 Studio Ghibli Feature Films. PROGRESS: 1/20
30. Read a self-help book.
31. Watch a film of dad’s choice together whilst getting drunk.
32. Start donating blood again (think of the cookies!).
33. Have a week-long hiatus from the internet/social networking.
34. Sing karaoke with a live band.
35. Learn a para-para dance.
37. Eat street food.
38. Cosplay someone from the Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney universe.
39. Make a Battle Royale collar, then wear it with my Battle Royale t-shirt whilst watching the film and it’s sequel in one awesome night.
40. Whiten my teeth.
41. Have a picnic.
42. Do another snack swap with someone from another country.
43. Buy some more Japanese fashion magazines for my collection,
44. Re-Watch all the Harry Potter films. (PROGRESS: 1/8)
45. Re-read all the Harry Potter books. (PROGRESS: 2/7)
46. Visit The Harry Potter Studio Tour.
47. Donate ‘essentials’ to Give and Make Up.
48. Give someone my last Rolo.
49. Register as an organ donor.
50. Host a dinner party.
51. Host a ‘cupcakes and cocktails’ party.
52. Take a cake decorating class.
53. Open a cookbook to a random page and make whatever is on it.
54. Master ten card games.
55. Make some form of photo collage.
56. Make a plush toy of some sort.
57. Go to the Edinburgh Fringe festival.
58. Go to the Edinburgh Book festival for the first time since childhood and see somebody give a talk.
59. Do a ‘Sibling Tag’ video with Nadia.
60. Do a ‘Best Friend’ tag video with Daniel and Sam.
63. Buy an expensive edible treat from Harrods or Fortnum and Mason’s food court.
64. Buy a new nice set of underwear.
65. Sit in the audience for the recording of a television show.
66. Do a pottery craft. BEGAN 01/07/2013
67. Finish my sudoku book (without cheating!)
70. Eat pescetarian for a month.
71. Have a childish day at the Namco arcade in the MetroCentre.
72. Finish the film on my vintage camera.
74. Bake Bailey’s Cheesecake Brownies.
75. Make a care package for Nadia whilst she’s at university.
76. Go to an outdoor screening of a film.
77. Remake the cream of sweetcorn soup recipe that Michael gave me.
78. Buy another dvd box set.
80. Eat a fish that still has it’s head on.
81. See comedy at The Stand.
83. Have watched the IMDB Top 100. (PROGRESS: 19/100)
84. Re/Watch all 50 Disney animated classics. (Or how many they are by the time the time runs out - 54 I think.)
85. Visit Disneyland.
86. Treat myself to a fascinator from Janine Basil or Pearls and Swine.
87. Go to a ballet.
88. Go to an opera.
89. Read ‘I Am Not Myself These Days’ by Josh Kilmer-Purcell (Daniel’s favourite book)
91. Read Charlotte Street by Danny Wallace.
92. Walk from my house to Newcastle.
93. Win some money.
94. Watch Freaks and Geeks.
96. Put an entire month’s pay into savings.
98. Dress up as Lumpy Space Princess. (I can not thank Lauren enough for introducing me to Adventure Time)
100. Save £1 for every completed task.
What do you guys think?
Have you ever compiled a bucket list?
Or a series of doable tasks like the ones above?
Have you ever done anything on my list? Do let me know!
Every time I do something, I'll come back to this list and cross it off.
I'll also be posting a picture for everything I've done but haven't quite decided how I'll do that yet!
Watch this space.
I love this! I would totally do the snap swap with you!ReplyDelete
Hi Rosie - that would be awesome! This one will most likely be for when I'm back from my travels, but please give me a HOLLERRRR when I'm back if you're still up for it! :D xxxReplyDelete
I love No. 80, eat a fish with its head still on, that made me chuckle : ). I guess I should do such a list myself, so many things that I still want to do and just didn't manage so far... Thanks for sharing! And good luck completing your list :DReplyDelete
I like the sound of no.44 :DReplyDelete
me loves me a bit of the HP man ;)
Ive given somebody a silver rolo if that counts.. It was off one of those moonpig sort of websites.
You've actually inspired me to try this. Theres so many things ive wanted to do for ages and just havent got round to it.
good luck with your list!
I love this! I like that you picked 'regular' things (like, not space travel) which makes it so much easier, but still fun, to accomplish. I made a list of 25 things to do before I turned 25...it didn't end well. I was thinking of a 30 before 30, but I like this idea better!ReplyDelete
I'm on my second lot of 101 things in 1001 days, now! http://www.aimeemarie.com/blog/?page_id=6835ReplyDelete
I like the idea of no.93! ;)
I love these lists, I know quite a few things I'd like to do but just in my head, think I need to get writing them down.ReplyDelete
One was to give blood which I did two weeks ago, wasn't that keen though, I nearly fainted!!! But I'm determined to go again xxx
i love this and i like this list.i like the ideas 81,93 and 100. thanks for posting these wonderful list.ReplyDelete
I've done a 25 before 25 on my blog but this is amazing - I hope you get to do them all. It's given me some good ideas for my 26 before 26 :) xReplyDelete
I'm doing 101 in 1001 and it's so fun. I've still got a lot to achieve, but have about 1 year left on it.ReplyDelete
I love this list! I think numbers 2,48,51 and 84 are my favourite and something I would want to do too! I've done a 30 before 30 list on my blog, but they all seem really big things to get done now! Hahaha xxxReplyDelete
Fliss @ The Offbeat Girl
The Offbeat Girl
Awww this is a lovely idea. Would make a list of my own at some point. New Year? Monday? (LOLOLOLOL like people who d*et :P) Hugs and kisses.ReplyDelete
that sounds so fun and crazy!!! I would like to send you some of my japanese magazines for your collection, that would be a task complete? I'm not crazy, I promise! I also like para para I know plenty of routines hahahaha.ReplyDelete
I wish I can do some list like yours and then accomplish everything!
Hi Carla! Your blog is so happy and adorable! I love it!! I would love if you would visit my blog and consider following it... www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com. I think that we would have a lot in common.ReplyDelete
Thank you for considering!
aire brahi adminReplyDelete
I have read your blogs and you give us a awesome things from your blogs keep it up.
that is good blog for ever in my life i really like it very much..
Such a nice one article, during the reading this article I found very good information,
My knowledge has been increasing my wishes with u I hope you will keep it up..............